How is our users and all openERP community in Malaysia and Singapore , long time no see , been busy with some projects and again thanks for partners and customers who waited patiently to support us , you guys are great !
Normally , we know that we have 6 options if you want to design with custom reports in OpenERP.
1. Reportlab: RML files ,required a wizard and/or report action. This is the original way of creating reports in OpenERP.
2. OpenOffice Report Designer: An extension to the RML Reportlab option. Use OpenOffice / LibreOffice to create the reports and save them directly in OpenERP as report actions. This is the current accepted method for creating reports by OpenERP SA themselves .
3. Aeroo report: Uses an OpenOffice / LibreOffice “server” and you can use OpenOffice / LibreOffice documents as templates. This gives you high flexibility in output (PDF, ODT, XLS etc) and design.
4. Webkit: Uses a HTML file as template and can be combined with python code. This gives you al the flexibility you want, but because it’s HTML you will have issues with multi page reports.
5. Pentaho Report Designer: You need a jave-Pentaho Reporting Server, java-Pentaho Reporting Designer and an OpenERP addons. The Pentaho Report Designer is a real business object like report designer with everything you or your customer will need to create reports from OpenERP.
Pentaho Report Designer has 3 main components:
b) An OpenERP module wich creates Pentaho Report Actions, and interaction with the report server (How to follows)
c) The Pentaho Report Designer, wich is a standalone java application (How to follows)
I also want to say that al the credits for this module go to WillowIT
from Australia. And thanks for the good work.
6. Jasper Report Server: We tested by trying to setup . But it is very difficult for non technical person to do it and Jasper reports is also java based.
7. Reportman : We are the one who provide this for our client which can run on windows 32/64bit and Ubuntu 12.04 32 bit onlys
More information :
7.1. reportman.sf.net the original web site for Reportman ,
7.2. we will assist our client to do the setting.
For us We E-global, think Original RML reports and Pentaho Reporting are the best available options And of course how can we say our own reportman is not good right , have some limitation but small footprint and NOT too bad ,as we are familiar , can design pretty complicated report fast !
So till then ... happy using OpenERP , cheers !